Friday, July 10, 2009

Two Pennies


Today was the first day of internships. I left The House at 8:18 and headed for the subway. I ended up arriving at the Love Kitchen around 8:45am. When I got there I met Denise Hykes from World Vision-US Programs and the other interns. Mr. Jones was around though and as a result I ended working on the computer to help find grants to support Manhattan Bible School. At 3:30pm I went do went down to the Love Kitchen and helped set up. I met Jerry and many others. Jerry is a High School student and a volunteer at Manhattan Bible Church. He's a really great guy and is so willing to help. We both served at the Love Kitchen, serving food to the people who came. At times, we were clumsy but the people were forgiving.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we do. We may do something with all our might, yet we would fail to accomplish anything if we do not put God's will into consideration. However, if if we were to have God as our focus and maintain His Will in whatever we do then we will be successful, even if we do a great/horrible job.

"Jesus looked up and saw soem people tossing their gifts into the offering box. He also saw a poor widow putting in two pennies. And He said, I tell you the truth, that the poor widow has put in more than the others. Everyone else gave what they didn't need. But she is very poor and gave everything she had " (Luke 21:1-4).

1 comment: