Monday, July 6, 2009

Learning to Live for Him


Over the past year or so, I have been deeply convicted by God to do something about the injustice that surrounds me. I have realized that my goal in life is to see God's love displayed on earth and to see justice rules over injustice. Over these next 5 weeks, I hope that God shows me what this means for me in my life. What are my unique talents that He wants me to use? How do I, personally, best show God's love to others? I hope to learn what it means to live a life that reflects God and His love.
I also hope that I can learn from the 12 other people also living in The House. They all have things to teach us, and each was placed here for a reason. I hope to gain a sense of what it means to be a part of a community that is living for God. On a different level, I hope to make a valuable contribution to the anti-trafficking movement, something I have wanted to become involved with ever since I saw the film 'Call & Response'. While working for Nomi Network, I hope that I learn what are my strengths and weaknesses in a work environment. I hope that God reveals more about what He has planned for me career-wise and what steps I should take to get there.
Lastly, I want to have fun! I want to enjoy Washington Heights and all that is has to offer, and continue to enjoy the amazing place that is New York City. I can't wait to encounter the people, places and events that will make for an awesome NYCUP experience!!!

- Lucy Herz

No comments:

Post a Comment