Monday, July 6, 2009

"Holy Discontent"


I was first impassioned by social justice issues in high school, when I developed a refusal to accept the world and its injustices as is. Now as a rising senior in college, tinges of jadedness and doubts about the potential of real change in our world are creeping in my mind. I question what my role in it all really is and can be.
My prayer for this summer with NYCUP is that God will fuel in me a 'holy discontent' - one which will continue to challenge the injustices of the world, but also see the beauty in the cracks of the broken.
Most of the injustice I have faced has been abroad in other countries, so I am looking forward to being face to face with issues that surround, but never seem to penetrate, Columbia's 116th street. I pray that God will speak to me through the people I meet, the scripture I read, and meet me within the heart and mind that I bring to this project.

Hei-Yue Pang

No comments:

Post a Comment