Monday, July 6, 2009

"More Like Mary..."


I hope to have the ears to listen and the heart to respond with that hope, I believe that God is speaking to me even now. I just hope to become more sensitive to His voice and how He's really calling me to live my life. That encompasses getting outside of my comfort zone and genuinely being unabandoned in my pursuit of Christ. But also, allowing God to fill me with such passion and joy that's uncontainable and actually live out the things I believe.
And what do I believe? I believe in the love of God shown through Christ for His people and the hope He gives through His promises of restoration for this world.
But I don't want my faith to be dead. Instead, I hope that through NYCUP I can learn how to respond in compassion and love to anyone and everyone I encounter. Not just here during these next 5 weeks, but for the rest of my life. Mostly though, I hope to have sweet times with Jesus, be more like Mary rather than Martha, and really know (in my heart, not just my head) what it means to die to myself, take up the cross and follow Him.

Sharon Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment